Sunday, March 20, 2011

Japan....

Recently I've heard loads of stuff from my friends about the Japan earthquake+tsunami. One weird thing that struck me is how everyone just seems worried about what will happen to us HERE, in Malaysia.... No one talked about helping them or even thinking about them...

Today I went to church and pastor actually was talking about this earthquake; what was the prophetic meaning behind it, what the bible says about it and some other stuff which I heard but didn't 'speak' to me....Much..
I realise most of us are having the spirit of complacency. We're in our comfort zone, contentful with our status quo , unconcerned and indiffernet to things happening around us....
Complacncy is when we are devoid of feelings. Our spirit has gone to sleep, our nerves have been numbed, dull to the point where we cannot even see or sense that the times a=have changed and it is TIME TO GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE!!!! Wake up!!!

In the sermon, there was part that I really remembered..
People who are complacent, they are like "wine left on its dregs".Anyone heard of that saying???
Ever wondered the story behind it??
In the old times, wine was made from grapes. Before it could become wine, it had to be left with sediments, for a certain time. Then, when the grapes had become wine, it had to be poured out from the jar and separated from the dregs. If it is left there, the wine will harden together with its dregs and stick to the edges of the wine jar until the whole jar has to be destroyed.
Moral: Complacency hardens a person and causes indifference and also intaminates others. Complacency is not a neutral spirit. It intimidates people, even passionate people, and causes them to pull back and give up.

Quote: The only thing neccessary for evil to triumph is for good man to do NOTHING.(Edmund Burke)

Conclusion: We HAVE to do something, NOW!!!

2 comments:

  1. Woah!! sorry.. I just saw the comment right now... Actually, I'm working on a project in my church to try to come up with a place for the victims to stay in M'sia.. Right now, nothing much is happening but it's all hush hush...Coz actually d government doesn't want these refugees.. So, we finding a building 1st, get the basics in place then try again...

    ReplyDelete